Error 0x8007045D is often seen when you try to backup files or transfer computer files to external drive. The error will appear as below:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Error 0x8007045D.
This error usually occurs because of corrupted registry files or insufficient permission to perform certain operation. There is no fixed solution for this error, but it is always not bad to troubleshoot it with some suggestions:
Disable your protective software
Protective software are always known to protect too much and mistakenly block some useful and necessary operations. Windows update, outlook, and system backup, are always prohibited by antivirus. It is worthwhile to try disabling your security software for a moment, and test the result. Sometimes, it is just so simple and easy to fix a problem.
Run chkdsk to fix hard drive problem
- Log on to your system as administrator
- Press Win+R button on your keyboard
- Type cmd press enter
- chkdsk c: /f
- Press ENTER.
- If you have file opened, then enter Y, press Enter to continue.
Defrag sytem files
- Start button, all programmes, click accessories
- Find system tools, choose disk manager
- Right-click the basic volume which you wish to shrink
- Click on Shrink Volume
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Clean registry erros with a registry cleaner
To fix error 0x8007045D many experts recommend using a good System Utilities software. It not only fixes errors in your system but also enhances the stability of your PC. The most important feature of such a software is the Registry cleaning function.