The Crypt32.dll not found or missing error does not occur only recently. This error has been causing troubles to many computer users for a long time. The error can suddenly appear on computer causing an application to crash or fail to open with below message:
“This application failed to start because crypt32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Crypt32.dll is an important module that contains the features used by the Windows Crypto API. It is vital for the proper running of various applications. Crypt32.dll is a system process that is vital for your PC to work properly. It should not be removed.
What to do if Crypt32.dll is not found or missing from my computer?
Step 1: Run a system file checker to fix the issue.
- Click Start - All Programs – Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
- In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
- sfc /scannow
- You should see the following on-screen messages:
- Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.
- Beginning verification phase of system scan.
- Verification % complete.
Step 2: Install latest windows updates to fix the issue.
- Install any updates that may be available for your Windows system. To find and install available updates, open the “Start” menu, click “All Programs” and select “Windows Update” from the menu. Click “Yes” to confirm the action if prompted.
- Select the “Check for updates” option in the left pane of the “Windows Update” window. Click “View available updates” and “Driver updates” for all of the devices that are installed on your computer. Updates will appear in list form.
- Click each driver update that you want to install on your Windows system and press the “Install” button. If prompted to confirm the action or enter the administrator password, do so and click “OK.” The updates to your device drivers are now installed on your system.
Step 3: Reregister all dlls and fix the dll errors
To reregister all dlls, you cannot do it manually. Because there are thousands of dlls in the system and manual registering will take lifetime to complete. In such case, a registry dll fixer is needed for help to solve the issue quickly and effectively.
- Download and install a registry dll fixer .
- Run the registry dll fixer on your system. Like virus scan software, registry dll fixer is generally started by clicking one button on the main page.
- It can find and delete any remaining files that have been left behind in the system’s registry by the antivirus software.