Msxml3.dll is a system module in windows system. It is rooted in C:\windows\system32 folder like many other dynamic library files. Msxml3.dll is related to XSL transformation and the realization of XML path language.
Symptom of the error
If msxml3.dll is missing from a computer, there will be problem in connect browser with internet. The webpage you want to view may show 404 error or “path doesn’t exist” error.
Cause of the error
The cause of msxml3.dll is complicated. The most possible cause of this error is virus attack which has corrupted system files and taken away the msxml3.dll after the virus was removed from computer. You will find the error suddenly occurs in the system, which shows no omen before.
Solution A: Run a system file checker
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are asked for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]
- A message will appear showing that ‘The system scan will begin’. The scan may take some time. Try to be patient.
- If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your system DVD for this process to continue.
- If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message “Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations”.
- After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Solution B: Use a registry cleaner to fix the issue
Msxml3.dll is a system dll which is rooted deeply in system. Loss of this dll may result in system failure in performing other operations. The computer is getting slow or even freezing. In such case, the easiest and best way to solve the issue is downloading a registry cleaner which will run independently on backstage to fix the dll errors. It will repair your system error with abundant dlls in its database. The msxml3.dll error will be fixed in a minute.