Dynamic library link files, also called dll files, are the most important components of a system. They contain the system operation information and how the different devices and programs work with each other. If a dll is missing, certain programs or devices will not work properly. Sometimes, if an important system dll is corrupted, the computer will not even boot up.
Dll file errors are not rare. They can happen under many occasions, for example, when a program’s setup file is corrupted or when a virus is removed from system. Such errors can cause great troubles to the users and could be very annoying sometimes since the pop up error message cannot be closed.
How to stop dll file errors, you may ask?
You have to bury in mind that dll files are vita parts of system and programs, which means they should not be deleted otherwise trouble will be created. What we need to do as a solution, is still getting these dll files back.
For all kinds of windows systems, there is an equiped system tool for users to stop their dll errors - System file checker:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]
- A message will appear stating that ‘The system scan will begin’. Be patient because the scan may take some time.
- If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue.
- If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message “Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations”.
- After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
However, system file checker is still not perfect and it may not solve all the issues. Microsoft company designed the SFC only to help solve some simple dll issues. If you cannot use SFC to settle the problem, a more professional dll fixer is needed to get the dll errors stopped. For more information, learn how to fix your dll errors easily and effectively.