Kernel32.dll error is common these days as reported by many computer users. They seek for help in many forums, asking if this dll is important and what to do if this dll is missing or corrupted.
The Kernel32.dll is a 32-bit dynamic link library file equiped in Windows 95,98 and Xp system. It is responsible for managing memory use, operating inputs/outputs, and making interrupts. When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is occupied by a protected memory space so that other programs do not take it over.
Cause of the error:
The most possible cause of this error is virus attack which has corrupted system files and causes the kernel32.dll file to stop running. You will find the error suddenly occurs in the system, which gives no signal before.
To solve this error, there are three steps to follow:
Step 1: scan system with an antivirus software
Since this error is very likely to be caused by virus attacks, it is necessary to remove the virus from the system. Most computer users already have an antivirus or similar tool to protect the system, but in case if you don’t have one, you can download and install Microsoft security essential or Free AVG to scan and remove the virus.
Step 2: Run a system file checker in your system
This procedure will find the corrupted dll files from your system and replace them with a correct copy of file from system backup.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
- In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
- sfc /scannow
- You should see the following on-screen messages:
- Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.
- Beginning verification phase of system scan.
- Verification % complete.
Step 3: Fastest and easiest way to solve Kernel32.dll.
This professional dll fixer will solve dll errors such as missing dlls, corrupted dlls in just a few steps. And it can also help you find other computer problems, and fix them very quickly. Please follow below steps：
1. Download and install registry cleaner to your computer.
2. Start registry cleaner.
3. On the interface, Click “scan” button.
4. Choose “repair all “ button to fix the problem.
Hope you get a good solution by this article.